Search

Monday, June 12, 2023

Leadership by Example

 By Frank Sonnenberg


Kindle Direct     2023

277 pages     Self-Help

The Shortlist

The subtitle of Leadership by Example is “Be a role model who inspires greatness in others.” It is an incredible compendium of short life lessons for leaders of all sorts. Of course, I looked at the book from the standpoint of educational leadership, which is my own life experience. I tried to figure out who should read this book and who should I recommend read this book.

The best thing that I noticed as I looked through the book is that the chapters are very short, and everything in the book is divided up into brief sayings or mantras. For example, in the chapter about making errors, Sonnenberg outlines 30 sources of unforced errors. All of them are identifiable. Here is one sample: “Rushing around. There’s a big difference between acting quickly and rushing around aimlessly. The former is deliberate, the latter haphazard.”

“Yeah.” You say. “I’ve been there. I’ve done that!” There lies the good of the book. A leader could read a chapter a day or even one short paragraph a day and be inspired to change behavior and make better decisions.

Sonnenberg has written 10 books about leadership. I’m thinking about who might appreciate receiving this ARC from me.

Leadership by Example is published tomorrow.

No comments: