- 2 cups Mediterranean greens such as escarole, romaine and radicchio
- 1/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons shaved red onion
- 4 to 6 Kalamata olives
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 individual pre-baked pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- For the salad, toss together the greens, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and onion in a medium bowl.
- For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven according to pizza crust directions. Place the crusts on a baking sheet and spread the marinara sauce on top. Chop the olives and sprinkle them over the sauce along with the crumbled feta.
- Bake according to package instructions, or until the cheese melts and the pizza is well heated and crisp on the edges, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and pile half on top of each cooked pizza. Serve immediately.
Baked Fish and Vegetables Aegean StyleHave your fishmonger fillet your snapper or use a boneless, skinless cod or scrod fillet in this aromatic dish that will take you to the Aegean coast in no time. A variation of the dish beloved by diners at the Taverna.
2 teaspoons olive oil
8 oz red snapper fish (3 or 4 medium-size fillets)
1 medium garlic clove, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch circles
3 baby carrots, thinly sliced
2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
Finely chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of a medium-size casserole with a lid. Place the fish in a single layer on the bottom, sprinkle the garlic, salt, and pepper over, and place the onion, pepper, zucchini, carrots, and tomatoes evenly over and around. Sprinkle again with salt and pepper, and drizzle the white wine over all.
- Cover and bake in the oven, occasionally stirring the vegetables to cook evenly, being careful not to break apart the fish, until they are tender and the fish is cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Before serving sprinkle with the chopped parsley.